Synthetic v Human Hair
Human hair wigs are made from varying qualities of hair. Some - Usually shorter styles are cheap & cheerful, made from offcuts of hair and may be blended with heat-friendly synthetic fibre. Others are made from the finest 'Remy' hair. Remy hair is hair that is 'cuticle correct' ie; Hair that lays in the same direction from root to tip as it was when it was cut, which prevents the hair from tangling & matting.
Synthetic hair wigs are made from high quality fibre that looks and feels just like real hair. The difference is that the fibre is often lighter, plus will come pre-styled and will hold it style wear after wear.
Both human hair and synthetic hair have advantages and limitations, but how do you know which is best for you? Here are the facts so you can work out which best suits your needs...
- Has a natural look and feel
- Offers styling versatility can be curled, straightened etc
- It requires more care
- It needs to be styled just like your own hair
- Can be expensive
- With proper care it can last up to a year
- High quality synthetic hair looks and feels similar to human hair
- Styling is limited as heated tools cannot be used
- Requires less maintenance and will not lose shape or curls
- Can wear it right out of the box
- Is cheaper than human hair
- With proper care can last 3 to 6 months