Natural Image Virgo Wig
Many people with hair loss often caused by alopecia or cancer chemotherapy prefer to wear a wig. In recent years, wigs have improved greatly and it is no longer painfully obvious that someone is wearing one. Natural Image has an excellent selection of ladies wigs for all occasions.
In the UK, the National Health Service (NHS) will supply a wig if a consultant or doctor considers it necessary. These are free of charge for hospital inpatients, for under 16s, for 16–18 year olds in full–time education and for those receiving income support or family credit. People on low incomes may get some help towards the prescription cost. Our Natural Image shops
are NHS recognised and happy to help with the process.
Acrylic wigs are light weight and look extremely natural. They can be washed (but do not use a hairdryer the heat can make them frizzle or melt). They are pre-styled, so their hairstyle stays in shape after washing. This is very helpful if you’re very tired from medical treatments. It does not matter if an acrylic wig is worn in the rain and they’ll never lose thei r shape. Because Natural Image stocks many sizes and styles, acrylic wigs can be obtained quickly. They should be replaced every 6–9 months. Most people have two: one to wear and one to wash. For totally bald heads, we stock special adhesive tape to stop the wig slipping, and some women also use them for extra security.
Real human hair wigs.
Some people still prefer a real–hair wig, and these cost much more than acrylics each even when obtained through the National Health Service in the UK. However, they can last a long time. They must be protected from rain as they’ll go frizzy or lose thier shape just like a natural hairstyle. They take a little more work than an acrylic wig, because they have to be styled and set like real hair and you should buy a proper wig head for styling it. Due to the price of human hair wigs, we don’t sell them online as they truly need to styled and customsed. Our Natural Image retailers
will sell human hair wigs in the shops and can help fit and style the wigs as well as help with any NHS wig prescrptions.
Buying and living with a wig. A few tips about wigs.
- If you decide to buy your wig in person from our shops, we’ll provide you a private fitting room.
- If you buy online, you can try on your wigs in the privacy of your home.
- You will probably feel you look very odd (even though you won’t) in the first few wigs you try on – partly because you have not seen yourself with hair for a while. Wear the wig around the house for a while to get used to it.
- Try a style similar to your own so it’s easier to get used to. Persevere until you find one you like.
- Each time, make sure you put the wig on properly – it is quite easy to put a wig on backwards. (The tapes to adjust the size will be at the back.)
- At home, do not leave your wigs lying around. Use a wig stand to preserve the shape of the wig.
- If you feel happier going to bed in your wig, do so.
- Remember that at a party you will not be the only one wearing something false. What about false nails, bosoms and teeth?
You don’t have to wear a wig all the time and you might find that it’s easier to wear a scarf or turban around the house. At Natural Image, we sell many alternatives to wearing a wig. We have all types of headwear including turbans, scarves and hats with hair.